We can no longer accept “parent request” as an excuse for an absence. The following are the only reasons for excused absences.
- Participation in a school or district approved activity
- Illness, health condition, or medical appointment -a doctor ‘s note will be required
- Family emergency, death or serious illness in the family
- Religious or cultural observance of a religious holiday or participation in religious or cultural instruction
- Court or judicial proceeding
- Absence directly related to the student’s homeless status
- Absence related to military deployment activities of a parent or legal guardian who is an active duty member
- Absence resulting from a disciplinary action
- Principal (or designee) and parent, guardian, or emancipated youth mutually agreed upon approved activity provided that such excused absences shall not be permitted if deemed to cause a serious adverse effect upon the student educational progress consistent with RCW 28A.225.01
Please contact your school principal if you have any questions.