Monticello Logo


Longview, WA, USA


Washington College Bound Scholarship

Think you can’t afford college? If you are in 7th or 8th grade and ready to work hard in school, maintain a 2.0 GPA, and be a good citizen, you may be eligible for a College Bound Scholarship! This state-funded program covers the cost of tuition at public school rates, fees, plus $500 for books at two- or four-year public and private colleges and universities. Your child may qualify if: she or he is eligible for the free and reduced price lunch program or is a foster child; your family is receiving TANF benefits; or your family meets specific income standards. Once qualified, all your child must do is to register and make a pledge by June 30th of their 8th grade year. They only need to apply one time.

Monticello would like to help all qualifying students apply for this wonderful opportunity. We invite our 7th and 8th grade students to register on-line with our assistance. We do realize that students and their families may be protective of the sensitive information regarding income, and will endeavor to protect your family’s confidentiality. Yet, we would like to focus on the opportunity. Most importantly, we hope that our students will be reassured, and take genuine pride in knowing, that college awaits them…just a little further down the road.

What do you need to do if you’d like to apply? If your child already receives free or reduced lunch, we’ll take it from here. If your child does not participate in the program, but you believe that your family may qualify, or he or she may qualify in another category, please contact Monticello’s main office (575-7050) so we may add your child to the list of candidates.

If you have already applied, would like to apply on your own, or would like to decline this opportunity, please contact Monticello’s main office (575-7050) and we’ll remove your child from the list of candidates.

For more information, we encourage you to visit the Washington College Bound Scholarship website,

Contact Monticello’s main office (575-7050) with any additional questions or concerns.